Emily's Super-Cool Team In Training Blog

9.23.2006

Weeks 6 and 7... a race and some rain

Hello there! Did ya miss me last week? I admit, I forgot to update my blog last weekend. We went down to Evansville to visit with my in-laws. My husband and I ran the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k. It was his first race ever and he did fantastic! The Race for the Cure is a big deal for my in-laws since my mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor. She joined hundreds of other women for the survivor's parade. It was so inspiring to see so many women who had beaten breast cancer.

Here's a picture of Matt and me right after we finished the race.


This morning we had a team training run in Peoria Heights. This time it was at 7am, which was much nicer than the 6am meets we had been having. I got to "sleep in" until 5:30! :-) I ran a tough 6 miles this morning - it was very hilly, a good challenge. I got drizzled on a little bit too. It's kind of nice running in the rain, as long as it's not a downpour. I managed to do it in 1:06, which is an 11:00 min/mile pace. Not bad, for me!

Next weekend is the Chicago Half-Marathon, which I am very excited about. I feel like I've trained well for it and hopefully will be able to beat my previous half marathon time of 2:39. If you are going to be in the Chicago area on October 1, come on out and cheer me on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home